April has been a month of whirlwinds. It’s been a roller-coaster ride for sure. Life has gotten crazier and I am just learning how to balance it all. A lot of changes have happened and it’s taken a toll on me, but I am ready to take control and get back on track! While looking over my budget, I noticed that I over spent a lot this month. There is a correlation with what’s going on in my personal life and how that’s been affecting my finances. I definitely believe that.
That’s the thing with life. Things happen. We just have to continue to move forward. Even when it seems too hard, just remember it will eventually get easier. Catch your breath. Re-evaluate your current situation. Create a blueprint for how you will re-direct your life and get down to business.
Five Steps I’m Taking to Get Back on Track:
- Focus on “Me” Time – I truly believe that if you’re not taking care of yourself you can’t take care of your family or things. One of the things that I have done to focus on myself is joining a gym earlier this month. It’s an all women’s gym and it has childcare for my daughter. Finding childcare was a must for me so that it would eliminate any excuse I had not to go. I’ve been going to the gym consistently this month and I have to say that it’s really helped me mentally and physically. My health is a huge priority for me and I want to take the necessary steps to make sure that I’m taking care of myself from the inside out.
- Stick to the Budget! – The reason why we budget is so we tell our money where to go…otherwise it will wander off. After looking at my budget this month I realize that I could’ve done way better with my spending. I’m not going to dwell on it because at the end of the day that’s not helping at all. I will just learn from it and make changes going forward.
- Find Items to Sell – In addition to having a better grasp on the money I have, I want to find ways to increase my income. Selling things around the house that no longer serve me will help me achieve this.
- Keep My Eye on the Prize – One of my main goals that I’m working towards right now is to purchase my first home. It’s been a dream of mine for some time now and I’m finally able to save towards it now that I’m debt free. The more I overspend the less that I can contribute to my savings. I’ve got to continue to work hard on this goal. It will happen in due time.
- Don’t Be So Hard on Myself – I’m only human. I’m not perfect by any means. I’ve come a long way in life and I feel like sometimes I don’t give myself enough credit. I’m doing a lot on my own right now. It’s building character and making me a stronger woman/mother every day.
What have you done to help get yourself out of a “funk” or through a rough time? Did you notice other parts of your life being affected?